If there is one thing that a lot of women would like to have, it is to have naturally smooth, shiny and straight hair. Not everyone is blessed with this type of hair however. Straight and shiny long hair has always been on trend and it will probably never go out of style. The fact that it also fits all face shapes also makes it desirable for a lot of women.
It is true that there is some women resort to having their hair chemically treated so that they can have straight hair but in the long run, this will only cause a lot of damage to the hair. What if hair can be straightened naturally, wouldn’t it be more ideal this way?
If you have always wanted to make your hair straighter but you would like to do it naturally, there are some remedies that you can do with the ingredients readily available at your own home. Without further ado, here are some remedies that will help you straighten your hair naturally:
Milk is always known to have moisturizing properties which explains why there are some products that include milk as one of their ingredients. Milk also has protein which can help strengthen the hair to make them smoother.
- Mix water and milk together. Make sure that you will be placing equal amounts.
- Pour the mixture that you have created in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture all over your hair and comb it.
- Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner afterwards.
- Remember to do this about 2 – 3 times a week.
A lot of people know that Aloe Vera is good for the hair. In fact a lot of shampoos and conditioners are known to contain Aloe Vera. It is also good for the skin so you can expect that it will be gentle on your scalp. Aloe Vera gel can easily penetrate the hair so that it can be moisturized and straightened well.
- Mixing in Aloe Vera with Olive Oil can be highly effective.
- This is optional but you may want to place other essential oils as well.
- You can massage the mixture on your hair first.
- Leave on your hair for at least two hours.
- Rinse off hair and shampoo hair as usual.
- This can be done twice a week.
You already know that milk can help straighten the hair but will you be surprised to know that coconut milk can also be used as an effective hair straightener as well? Aside from the fact that it can moisturize hair properly, it can also leave hair looking smooth and shiny which will make the hair have an appearance of being naturally straighter.
- Mix coconut milk with lemon juice.
- Place the mixture on the refrigerator. Wait for the mixture to have a creamy layer before you use it.
- Massage the mixture on the scalp.
- Leave on the scalp for about 20 minutes.
- Cover with a shower cap to make it more effective.
- Rinse with water and shampoo afterwards.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It is already well known that Apple Cider Vinegar can be used for a lot of things and this time, it can also be used as an effective and natural hair straightener. It can help make the pH levels of the hair neutral so that hair will grow better than usual.
- Apple Cider Vinegar will have to be diluted with water first before they can be placed on the hair and scalp.
- Unlike other remedies that are mentioned above, you would have to place it on your hair after shampooing and conditioning your hair.
- Leave this on your hair and allow it to dry on its own.
There are a lot of people who are familiar with the use of castor oil in order to straighten their hair. Aside from making sure that the hair will be hydrated and will be conditioned properly, this can also help keep the hair from being too frizzy.
- Castor oil may have to be mixed with carrier oil like soybean oil.
- Warm the mixture first.
- Once the oil mixture is warm, you can massage the oil on your hair and scalp.
- Leave on the hair for half an hour.
- Wash it off and shampoo your hair as usual.
- Allow your hair to dry on its own.
With all of these simple home remedies that you can do, why do you need to resort to chemicals that will straighten your hair? Admittedly, doing these remedies will take longer than chemical remedies but doing these natural remedies will help keep the strength and health of the hair.